Sunday 9 October 2011

Stack & Reach Calculator v1.00

Hi, thanks for visiting! I made this simple stack and reach calculator because I couldn't find one that suited my needs online. Hope you find it useful!



How to use?
  1. The spreadsheet can calculate stack and reach either with standard geometry info or stack and reach info if known. Just open it in full screen and enable edit. If you mess up, just refresh the page.
  2. Use the calculator on the left when using standard geometry. Fork length and rake is required for accurate results. Please see comments in the spreadsheet for details.
  3. You can also calculate fork length or rake if you know one or the other as well as the stack and reach, through trial and error. Just fiddle with it and you'll figure it out.
  4. Use the calculator on the right if stack and reach is known.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them below, thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Is there any opportunity to download the spreadsheet or make it available for others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex, no one else has requested it. I can email it to you if you want. Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Is it possible to have it too?

      Delete
  2. I'll be posting a link shortly, as a few people are requesting a downloadable file. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would like a downloadable file, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot of the calculator. Invaluable in setting up my TT bike reach to be the same as the road bike, but with lower stack. Awesome tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the calculator. I am confused by what you mean by 0.5*stem stack. Is that just 0.5 times the height of the stem, which for most stems is about 45mm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work.
    calculator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the calculator. Do you know what the difference is between your method of calculation and that within BikeCad? Thank you in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Please send me the stack and reach calculator. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete